Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sketch compiled is twice bigger comparing to compilation in arduino (Read 3085 times)
Alexander12
Newbies

Sketch compiled is twice bigger comparing to compilation in arduino
Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
just installed Arduino1.0.5+AtmelStudio6.1+VisualMicro

At first I got error in compilation because of errors is source code of ArduinoRobot and some other related files. At the same time my sketch has nothing to with ArduinoRobot class&.....

Now I can compile without errors but the size of a result about 18kb while arduino produce 9k

what is wrong?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Sketch compiled is twice bigger comparing to compilation in arduino
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Hello,

You will see from our home page and other docs that we currently recommend 1.0.4 (because of this change in the Arduino IDE of 1.0.5). 

Arduino have changed the way libs work slightly in 1.0.5 so that they could force out the announcement of the new Arduino Robot.

There are two libraries under the "ArduinoIDE\Libraries" folder called Robot_Control and Robot_Motor. If you delete these two lib folders Visual Micro will work fine with 1.0.5.

You can use Arduino 1.0.5 if you delete the Robot_Control and Robot_Motor libraries

why: The two libs contain half the Arduino world and include files that are contained in other libraries. Visual Micro is finding these two folders before normal Arduino libs.

IP Logged

Alexander12
Newbies

Re: Sketch compiled is twice bigger comparing to compilation in arduino
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2013 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I deleted two folders as recommended - now size matching the size compiled in arduino
Thanks a lot!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint