Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Syntax color stops working in Atmel Studio and Start-up Error (Read 2744 times)
Bob11
Newbies

Syntax color stops working in Atmel Studio and Start-up Error
Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Hello...

After repair VisualMicro the problem appears again.

Removing and re-installing Atmel Studio 6.1 and latest Visual Micro, missing colors after 2 hours of use (editing, compiling, debugging and loading using programmer, reading serial data on separate port).

During the start-up of Atmel Studio, a message appears on the bottom line:

"Visual Micro: Invalid Visual Studio SETUP Request Detected - Exiting visual micro setup due to an invalid visual studio cm_uisetup request!"

Hope it helps to fix the issue!!!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2013 at 10:28am by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Syntax color stops working in Atmel Studio and Start-up Error
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry to hear about this problem. It is caused by Atmel Studio re-creating registry keys which it does not normally do.

I expect the setup error is also related to some conflict causing Atmel to attempt re-initialization.

You will have seen in previous posts that normally this issue is a one off. 

Unfortunately Visual Micro has no control over the Atmel registry and only writes to the Atmel registry during install or repair of Visual Micro.

Another point of interest is that in a couple of rare cases we see the CM_SETUP error due to a clash of "some sort" behind the scenes of Visual Studio. The problem manifests itself by instructing an already installed add-in to commence first time setup. It is important that Visual Micro detects this invalid request from Visual Studio to re-initialize the addin because as per the Microsoft documentation this must happen only once.

So sorry for so much useful background info but I thought it useful to explain as much as possible. Obviously I mention Visual Studio because Atmel is Visual Studio and the setup issue has happened on a couple of occasions in both products. I only ever encountered it personally once and that was after installing another add-in. Art the time I had a number of other add-ins installed so it is not a general issue with other addins.

I can say that Visual Studio relies heavily on the office toolbar/command system so ensuring that your windows and ms office are up to date might be a potential solution.

Do you have other addins installed in Atmel? Please look at "Tools>Addin Manager" and "Tools>Extension Manager" to determine the answer to this question.

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint