Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) Visual Micro Platform doesn't load arduino libraries. MS VS2013 (Read 9639 times)
kiciek
Newbies

Visual Micro Platform doesn't load arduino libraries. MS VS2013
Jan 18th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Hi
This is my first post, so in first place i wanted to thank you for existance of VM Project.
My problem is very similiar to rocketeer13's problem with libraries.
Yesterday i uninstalled most of my programming sofrware before installing Visual Studio 2013, Arduino 1.5.5-r2 and Visual Micro 1.1401.18.
I opened random example including lcd in Arduino compiled (just to check it works), saved it with changed name in my sketchbook, and proceed to Visual. When I opened project (earlier I checkd that VM know valid path to arduino.exe) I found #include <LiquidCrystal.h> underlined (#include <EEPROM.h> is still ok) (if i open skeech that works on user libraries like OneWire, user libraries works.). When I open Platform explorer on Ide tab and chceck what Arduino 1.5.x - Packages contain, I see contents of arduino/avr/Platform Libraries/All is not same as names of folders in c:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\
Missing libraries:
Audio
EspLora
Ethernet
Firmata
GSM
LiquidCrystal
Robot_Control
Robot_Motor
Scheduler
SerialDisplay
Servo
Stepper
Temboo
USBHost
WiFi
That means over halv libraries are missing. Funny thing is that Examples from this folders are loaded.
You told rocketeer13 that some libraries may cause to not load another. I made sure that i have no user libraries, deleted (moved away) all libraries from arduino/libraries folder and from subfolders of hardware. Then I moved back only ethernet or liquidcrystal. After resterting Visual this library was still not there.

Can you recommend me a fast workaround?

Yours sincerely
kiciek

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Visual Micro Platform doesn't load arduino libraries. MS VS2013
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Hi

Please tell me which version of visual micro you have installed.

Thanks

IP Logged

kiciek
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
kiciek wrote on Jan 18th, 2014 at 6:50pm:
and Visual Micro 1.1401.18.

Thanks for quick answer.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2014 at 7:11pm by kiciek »  

IP Logged

kiciek
Newbies

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Hi
Email sent.
Example i was trying to compile is CustomCharacter form LiquidCrystal.
This example use EEPROM too, but EEPROM works fine.
Yours sincerely
kiciek

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
I have removed my previous request for more info. Sorry you already sent it Smiley

I've just tested with r2 of Arduino and can replicate the results you are getting.

The library structure has changed slightly. It normally takes a few weeks for Visual Micro to catch up.

The structure is changing but not much else has changed for r2 so you can use 1.5.5 instead if that is okay.

Download the zip with 1.5.5, unpack and changed the location in visual micro.

Arduino has been going through constant changes for a while now which is why they run a release 1.0.5 and a beta 1.5.x system. 

If you don't need 1.5 you could even use 1.0.5. You can install as many versions of arduino on your pc as you like they don't clash. The zips are the best, the windows installer is only useful to save you some usb driver setup. 

Sorry can't promise to be bang up to date with the latest beta but it should take too long I suspect these changes will be minor (fingers crossed). If there is an easy fix for the library changes a new beta will be published over the next day or so.

Thanks for raising the thread.

Tim

Arduino Downloads Info/Tips

You will already know about this link (which currently provides release 1.0.5 and beta 1.5.5-r2) http://arduino.cc/en/main/software

On the page is also a link to previous versions http://arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

However, I can't see 1.5.5 in the list, I think they have replaced it with r2. I saved the zip of 1.5.5 so if you want it let me know.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2014 at 8:10pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

kiciek
Newbies

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Thank you.
Using older Arduino solved missing libraries problem. Unfortunately I have still trouble with compiling the same example.
I suppose you will not help me with this one (I don't know orgin of this problem) but if you can this is (not verbose) Micro Build log:
Compiling 'CustomCharacterr' for 'Arduino Pro or Pro Mini w/ ATmega328 (3.3V, 8 MHz)'
System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.Init(String fileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
   at processing.app.SketchCompiler.CreateFileTimeListXml(String fileType, DirectoryInfo folder, String outputPath)
   at processing.app.SketchCompilerArduino.compileLibrary(DirectoryInfo outputPath, DirectoryInfo libraryFolder, List`1 includePaths)
   at processing.app.SketchCompilerArduino.compileLibraries(List`1 includePaths)
   at processing.app.SketchCompilerArduino.compile(SketchBuilder lsketch, String primaryClassName, Boolean verbose, Boolean isDebug)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.CompileDo(Project oProject, Boolean IsDebugStartCommand)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.OnBeforeCommandEvent(String sGuid, Int32 ID, Object CustomIn, Object CustomOut, Boolean& CancelDefault)

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Great. Yes they certainly changed the lib format so we are not supporting -r2 yet. I just put a note on visualmicro.com. Thanks!

Okay the problem you have now is a bug in the visual micro beta your are using. It is to do with the new visual micro library compiler cache for arduino format libraries between Arduino Ide beta version 1.5 and 1.5.5-r1. 

To be honest if you are in a hurry I would just uninstall the visual micro beta and install the latest release. It doesn't have the problem.

I would like to see what that problem is, can you switch on verbose and email the output please but also email the sketch that you were using or at least which libraries were included in the sketch??

Thanks

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2014 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
I've tested 1.5.4 it works fine.
BUT please zip and email your sketch so that I can see the library includes

Thanks
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2014 at 9:58pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2014 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Forgot to say:- Whilst we do currently only support up to 1.5.4, some of these libraries are platform specific and therefore will not appear in the list for avr processors. 

For example "Audio" will only appear if you select the Arduino Due board.

Quote:
Audio
EspLora
Ethernet
Firmata
GSM
LiquidCrystal
Robot_Control
Robot_Motor
Scheduler
SerialDisplay
Servo
Stepper
Temboo
USBHost
WiFi

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2014 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Ooop, found the problem. 

Previous to 1.5.5-r2, the root folder of a new format Arduino library were not allowed to contain source files and was supposed to be ignored if it did contain sources. 

In r2 they have combined the 1.0.5 and 1.5.5 formats which means that duplicate 1.0.5 source files can now be in the root. Take a look at the Ethernet library, for example, under the ArduinoIde/libraries folder. It contains 1.0.5 style sources in the root and 1.5.5 avr sources in the /src and /arch folders.

So this is an easy fix for 1.5.5-r2 and a new version will be available in a few hours here. It will also contain a fix for Atmel Studio 1.5.5 library intellisense

Thanks for reporting this, it was going to be a support nightmare  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint