Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Compiler error message after re-install of Arduino (Read 5086 times)
Sam6

Compiler error message after re-install of Arduino
Feb 13th, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Preliminary information:

Software:
Arduino IDE 1.5.5
Atmel Studio 6.1 2730 service pack2
visual micro current version.
All software was downloaded this year.

Hardware:
Arduino DUE.
7" CTE TTFT display/touchscreen.
CTE adapter shield.

Other software:
I don't know if it makes a difference, I don't even know if it was running or not, but I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Which does affect some software. For instance I noticed the visual micro users group frequently crashes when I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking. My web browser is Firefox. I am a member of several groups and this is the only one I have problems with.

I was in the middle of setting up my screen, had everything working. Just needed to tweak the colors. I change one value from 255 "bright blue" to the value of 150. Before that everything was working perfectly including touchscreen. I compiled the program and got a ridiculously large number of errors. Almost every line kicked out a error.
I undid what I had done, and recompiled. no improvement.
I looked over my program and found nothing to cause it, so I started commenting out each entry to see if I could isolate the problem. I wound up commenting out all entries up to the include statements. Everything having to do with a library was kicking out an error. Draw statements, print statements, everything. I went to the Arduino IDE and compiled the program without any rim statements. And to my surprise I got the same results. 

I concluded that every library that I was using was somehow corrupted. So I deleted the corrupted libraries and reinstall them. For the most part this resolve the problem but my SPI.h library was still corrupted Along with a couple of other minor issues. So I reinstalled the Arduino IDE and re-installed all of the librarys. This corrected all the problems that I had with compiling the program in the Arduino IDE. 

But Atmel Studio was still not compiling properly. Everything seemed to work flawlessly, but it left me with a blank screen after uploading the compiled program. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the Atmel Studio 6.1, and uninstalled and reinstall visual micro. I still have the same problem. The same sketch compiles without errors in both the Arduino and the Atmel Studio environment. The Arduino environment works perfectly. But the Atmel Studio leaves me with a blank screen.

The issue is probably something I forgot to do. A checkbox or something like that.

I really hate the Arduino IDE. It is hard to read, along with several other issues that make it difficult to use. Having dealt with Visual Studio for several years, I am used to that environment and prefer it.

I appreciate any help you can give me on the remaining issue.

As far as the primary issue that caused it, I will try to give you any help I can. Unfortunately I did not make a copy of the error messages. I was too focused on trying to figure out what I could have done to cause such an event. I do remember that pretty much every line contains the words "no such member name as". It was basically the same error over and over again.

Thank you.

Joe.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2014 at 12:13pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Compiler error message after re-install of Arduino
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Please try clicking "Build>Clean Solution" so that your compilation starts with a clean compile.

If you still have problems then confirm the location you have set for Arduino 1.0.x or Arduino 1.5.x in the Visual Micro <Configuration Manager> (apps list). What is the location you have specified for the Arduino Ide?

Further problems then please switch on Tools>Options>Visual Micro>Compiler>Verbose. Then try to upload and email the output to info [at] visualmicro.com

Thanks
IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Hi.

1) Please try clicking "Build>Clean Solution" then send the output again. 

2) Please confirm the visual micro version from tools>options>visual micro>version

3) Also zip and send the sketch.

Thanks very much
IP Logged

Sam6

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Is there any progress on this problem . I have tried everything you have Suggested so far. I've even tried to wipe out every reference I could find to the Visual micro and Atmel Studio Programs and Reinstalled them. But I still have the same problem.

When I upload a program that has libraries associated with it it will not run correctly. My screen goes blank and nothing works. Simple programs like "blink and Fade" works fine, But these programs do not have library's associated with them.  When I compile and upload the same file with the Arduino IDE, Everything runs perfectly.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2014 at 12:14pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Hello, nothing could be done we were waiting for your response and sketch code so that we can see the problem. It is an unusual problem but the sketch code will show the issue.

Please zip and email the sketch to info [at] visualmicro.com thanks. Include the Visual Micro sub folder.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2014 at 12:14pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint