Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Arduino Zero Pro (Read 6210 times)
René Hitz

Arduino Zero Pro
Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:41am
Print Post  
I received my Arduino Pro Zero yesterday. With the IDE 1.6.1 of arduino.cc the Zero Pro is not recognized. With the IDE 1.5.8.3 of the arduino.org ZeroPro is usable. Is it possible to use the plugin from Visual Micro with the IDE from Arduino.org ?
Probably the problems with the IDE's are because of legal disputes between Arduino.cc and Arduino.org . Will the plugin from visualstudio support both versions?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Arduino Zero Pro
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:29am
Print Post  
It's a bit of a cheeky rip off Smiley

Did you try the 1.5.8 version with the 1.5 app in Visual Micro?
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 2:48am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

David Watts
Newbies

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Did my posts on this thread get deleted?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Hi David,

Really sorry I thought you would have had time to read my many thanks for the video post.

It's nice to hear what users are doing but I don't really want to be seen to be advertising the zero rip off. I have some concerns about arduino.org that affect me. For example for their own reasons they decided to take the Arduino Ide 1.6 and set the version number to 1.7 but still using the Arduino hidden config files. The version number is used by many to control build cache and also to support people and explain the differences between versions. So the decision to drop a 1.7 into the support arena affects heavily free forums like this one and makes support confusing.

The next concern is that I am a part of the Zero beta team and I have seen how much work Atmel and others have put into the Zero software. It's not quite finished and when it is finished it will be supportable in much the same way the Uno etc is supported which means rock solid with a forum of developers at arduino.cc to assist. 

New users are easily let by what they read. Your confidence in the Zero would lead them to believe it is supportable and the product of choice but right now it isn't and I can't support it so think it is wrong to suggest it is a viable option right now.

So I am pleased you achieved your objectives and hope you understand that now that is achieved it is best not shown to the mainly new users who visit this forum Smiley

I also noticed you posted it on the "arduino" facebook page which covers a much wider audience.

Thanks again for the pro vid
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2015 at 2:04pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

David Watts
Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response and I understand completely.

I am not a fan of what arduino.org has done with the IDE and the confusion created in the community is difficult to counter. My motivation was all about the hardware possibilities rather than any preference to the companies.

I hope to get hold of a proper zero on release, I feel that the arduino.cc IDE will provide much better support.

Thanks again for your support and I will create an updated video if I manage to get hold of the Zero for review.

Feel free to delete this exchange.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Hi David,

Thanks again. It really is appreciated when people make the effort you have. I am sure the real Zero will be available soon and at that time I think you will find that Atmel make it a bit easier to jump out of Arduino and into .cpp and Visual Micro will make it easy to launch the debugger.

I think the exchange is all good stuff.

Tim

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint