Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 8 Replies) I can't see the Arduino Option in the Visual Studio 2013 Tools>Options>Visual Micro>General (Read 7218 times)
Aithusa
Newbies

I can't see the Arduino Option in the Visual Studio 2013 Tools>Options>Visual Micro>General
Apr 11th, 2015 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Hello everybody, 
We have a project about RFID Library Management System. In this project we used Arduino UNO with RFID-RC522 to read the user's ID Card. In Arduino code we can read the user's ID and show the information about the user on the Arduino program screen. We also have to create an interface. But we have a problem to connect Arduino Uno with visual studio 2013. We install Arduino IDE 1.6.3 and also visual micro. But when we choose the Tools > Options > Visual Micro > General we have to Arduino option acording to the video. 
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S18OH6-GOvw ) But we can not see it so we can not see the User's information on the visual studio 2013 program. If you help me I would be very grateful. Thank you. 

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: I can't see the Arduino Option in the Visual Studio 2013 Tools>Options>Visual Micro>General
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Please see at the top of our home page and download page that we currently only support to arduino version 1.6.1 from last month. There is also a link on both pages that shows where on arduino.cc to download older versions.

1.6.2 + contain some significant changes, we hope Visual Micro will updated within the next week or so.

Thanks

IP Logged

Aithusa
Newbies

Re: I can't see the Arduino Option in the Visual Studio 2013 Tools>Options>Visual Micro>General
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Thank you very much for your quick reply.  Smiley I will try it.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
You are have to use the free Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition or the paid versions.

In the express version Tools>Options>Visual Micro and all other Visual Micro options will not appear.

The community edition is better than the express version anyway Smiley

After installing the correct version of  Visual Studio you should run the visual micro installer and click Remove, then run again and click Install

IP Logged

Aithusa
Newbies

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I am sorry but I am really new to work with visual studio. I am not sure that if the visual studio in my computer is community or express. Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013. Is that wrong version ?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
It's okay. The professional version is what you have and it is fine.

See if the correct version of arduino helps (1.6.1 or lower)

If not then try shutting down Visual Studio and running the visual micro installer, click remove, then run again and install.

I would expect you to see "Tools>Options>Visual Micro" although you should not need to open the options.

The documentation on visualmicro.com gives setup and "first steps" guide.

I hope that helps. let me know if not.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2015 at 9:09pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Aithusa
Newbies

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Okey, I will try it. Thank you very much for your help.  Smiley

IP Logged

Aithusa
Newbies

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2015 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Thank yo very much. The problem is solved, but now I have another problem. When I write the code on Arduino I can see the output from Arduino Serial Port. However, I want to see the output information from visual Studio. I wrote the codes in Arduino and make the connections between visual Studio but when I run the program there is an error occur : 

An unhandled exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in System.dll

Additional information: 'COM4' bağlantı noktasına erişim reddedildi.

How can I solve this problem ? Thank you.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2015 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I used google translate to see the error: "Access is denied to the port"

This means you have the serial monitor open in the arduino ide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint