Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Method not found: 'System.String Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.Board.get_DbgStr_Millis()' (Read 5205 times)
PavelHA
Newbies

Method not found: 'System.String Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.Board.get_DbgStr_Millis()'
Jan 18th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.Board.get_DbgStr_Millis()'.
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.CompileDo(Project oProject, Boolean IsDebugStartCommand, Boolean isRebuild)
   at Visual.Micro.Visual.Studio.Arduino.AddInApp.OnBeforeCommandEvent(String sGuid, Int32 ID, Object CustomIn, Object CustomOut, Boolean& CancelDefault)

I have this message when I trying to build/compile project in Visual Studio 2013. Arduino and Visual Micro versions are latest (1.6.7)

I am stuck. I can not build and deploy any project. 

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2016 at 8:09pm by PavelHA »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Method not found: 'System.String Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.Board.get_DbgStr_Millis()'
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Hi,

This suggests part of visual micro or missing or an older version mismatch.

Maybe you have an older version of visual micro installed.

Please confirm which of the following apply to you?

Do you see a visual micro entry in "tools>addin manager"?

Do you see a visual micro entry in "tools>extensions and updates"? (if so then what version number is displayed?)

Do you see a "VISUAL MICRO" menu in the top menu bar of Visual Studio?

What version is displayed in tools>options>visual micro>version>version and minor?

Thanks

IP Logged

PavelHA
Newbies

Re: Method not found: 'System.String Visual.Micro.MiroAppAPI.Board.get_DbgStr_Millis()'
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 8:41pm:

Do you see a visual micro entry in "tools>addin manager"?

Yes, I see this.

Do you see a visual micro entry in "tools>extensions and updates"? (if so then what version number is displayed?)

Yes, I see 1601.11.4

Do you see a "VISUAL MICRO" menu in the top menu bar of Visual Studio?
What version is displayed in tools>options>visual micro>version>version and minor?

Yes, I see 1.1601.11, Minor 4

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks

This means you have two versions installed. Microsoft discontinued the older format when the release visual studio 2015. There is a note on the download page about this but the following should fix:-

Uninstall the new visual micro extension from "tools>extensions and updates"

Close VS and uninstall the older visual micro (addin version) from "control panel>add or remove programs"

Restart VS and install Visual Micro using "Tools>Extensions and updates"

Restart VS and you should have a working system. The only remaining items might be some older user interface menus and buttons from the older version of visual micro. There is a menu item called "Tools>Visual Micro>Cleanup older versions" which should clear these items for you and then restart VS

Hope that helps

IP Logged

PavelHA
Newbies

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much, it's working now. 
I just didn't seen the "Tools>Visual Micro>Cleanup older versions" menu item but compilation is working now so I am ok.

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Okay. If you see any confusing duplicate menu items let me.know and I will explain how to clear them

Best of luck

IP Logged

PavelHA
Newbies

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Tim@Visual Micro wrote on Jan 18th, 2016 at 10:10pm:
Okay. If you see any confusing duplicate menu items let me.know and I will explain how to clear them

For me is hard to say what items are duplicate. Smiley

Now i see menu "Visual Micro" between "Team" and "Tools" and partial "Visual Micro" under menu "Tools" (i mean "Tools"/"Visual Micro") - so maybe this is duplicate? Not sure because only 5 subitems is there and they are the same like in "Visual Micro" main menu.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint