Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Changes for Teensy + Arduino 1.6.8 + Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 (Read 3709 times)
SoftwareSamurai
Newbies

Changes for Teensy + Arduino 1.6.8 + Teensyduino 1.28-beta1
Mar 11th, 2016 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Just FYI:

Here are some changes I had to make to get Arduino 1.6.8 and Teensyduino 1.28-beta1 to work correctly with Visual Studio 2012 v11.0.61219.00 Update 5 and Visual Micro v1603.1.0:

In Arduino/hardware/teensy/avr/platform.txt:

## Create archives
## recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain }{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/core/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"
recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{build.toolchain }{build.command.ar}" rcs "{build.path}/{archive_file}" "{object_file}"

## Teensy Loader
## tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path}/..
tools.teensyloader.cmd.path={compiler.path}

## tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot
tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern="{tools.teensylo ader.cmd.path}/teensy_post_compile" -test "-file={build.project_name}" "-path={build.path}" "-tools={tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}" "-board={build.board}" -reboot

For recipe.ar.pattern: I had to remove "core/". Apparently it looks for "core.a" in the main build folder, not in a sub-folder "core/".

For tools.teensyloader.cmd.path: "runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path" doesn't appear to be defined. I substituted it with "{compiler.path}". (May not be technically correct, but it works.)

For tools.teensyloader.upload.pattern: "{cmd.path}" doesn't appear to be defined. I put in the fully-qualified "{tools.teensyloader.cmd.path}".

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Changes for Teensy + Arduino 1.6.8 + Teensyduino 1.28-beta1
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Thanks I am about to test the new ide and teensy beta which have only just been released

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I have tested and all appears to work okay with Visual Micro.

The issues you have described are known changes that have occurred within the Arduino/Teensy Ide's during the past 6-9 months.

I suspect from your 2nd post (earlier today) that you have are still running an older version of Visual Micro in your VS 2012 Ide.

IP Logged

SoftwareSamurai
Newbies

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Yes, you're right. I had not uninstalled the old version of Visual Micro. Once I uninstalled all Visual Micro versions, and then installed v1603.1.0, building and uploading worked without these mods for my Teensy.

So if anyone else experiences this same problem, be sure to uninstall all older versions of Visual Micro first.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint