Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic VS2015 serial port problem (Read 2705 times)
testato

VS2015 serial port problem
Mar 19th, 2016 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
i installed vs2015 on win7 64 and the last visualmicro plugin

i found a strange bug on a wemos d1 mini (esp8266).
- In my code i put a print every second
- after the upload of the code the print work regularly and it is visible in the serial monitor
- but if i reset the board the sw will freeze, the mcu do not start, also if i remove the power from the board  Shocked

the only way is re-upload the code

If i open Arduino IDE and his serial monitor, after a reset the board restart to work. So there is a strange behaviour whit the VisualMicro serial monitor

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: VS2015 serial port problem
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Maybe this info is useful.

Changed the tool bar from "debug/local windows debug" to "release" and then upload. 

This will prevent confusion where the debugger will expect the serial to default to 115200.

Based on your other question about esp8266 74880 serial baud rate I expect the default debugger speed of 115200 is confusing you. Switching off the debugger will prove this is the case.

If you want to use the debugger with the esp8266 at the 74880 rate you mentioned in the other post then look for the Visual Micro project property called RemoteSpeed and enter 74880. Then the debugger will also work at the special speed for the esp8266

your other post about esp8266 speed is here

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint