Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic How to install for 6.2 or 7.0 (Read 2333 times)
PStechPaul

How to install for 6.2 or 7.0
Mar 25th, 2016 at 11:09pm

I tried to install the arduino IDE and extension, first i Atmel Studio 7, and then after removing 7 and repairing 6.2. But when I try to run the installer, it gives me an error message 

"The extension manifest is invalid"

I am running Windows 8. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2016 at 12:18pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: How to install for 6.2 or 7.0
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 12:22pm

Hi,

There are two different installs for 6.2 and 7.0+

For 6.2 you will not be using a manifest based system. For 6.2 you install via "tools>extensions and updates>arduino ide for atmel"

For 7.0 you install from the visual studio gallery which is what you have tried to do. However atmel 7.0 does not register the microsoft vsix installer correctly so you need to right click the downloaded visual micro .VSIX and associate to the VSIXInstaller.exe in the visual studio shell common folder. Please see the atmel studio section at the bottom of our downloads page for the full instruction details. 

I recommend uninstalling atmel studio 7 and installing visual studio 2015 community. Then in visual studio install "via tools>extensions and updates". VS is simpler and less prone to problems like this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint