Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can't get initial configuration (Read 3927 times)
Rich_H
Newbies

Can't get initial configuration
Jul 26th, 2016 at 2:52am
Print Post  
My  install started acting weird - nothing showing up in the drop-downs on the toolbars, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension - SEVERAL times... When I restart Visual Studio (2015 Pro) it does NOT pop up the configuration manager. Clicking anything in the vMicro menu doesn't do a thing. How do I get the initial configuration manager window to pop, as there is no <Configuration Manager> in the drop-down that should have it?

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Can't get initial configuration
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Hi,

It's possible restarting the pc will fix. However we are using some new microsoft api's and maybe a VS update will solve.

Thee is a new .11 release which has less specific binding to the ms api's. Please try it.

If you would like to use a previous releases while other test then uninstall Visual Micro and apply a different release.

The last version was Visual.Micro.Arduino.Studio_1607_20_0_RELEASE.vsix

The version prior to using the new api's was Visual.Micro.Arduino.Studio_1607_10_RELEASE.vsix

Thanks for the report please let me know if the 20_0 works..
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2016 at 4:34am by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

Rich_H
Newbies

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Thanks for the unexpectedly quick reply. That did it. Now that you mention latest builds, it never hit me that the problem started when I ran the latest update. I guess I need to go to bed.... Wink

But while I have your attention, I have an unrelated question. Do you offer free licensing for the pro version for students? Never hurts to ask.... Wink

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
The price for students is only 19GBP  Smiley

Did you upgrade to the .11 release or downgrade to older?

IP Logged

Rich_H
Newbies

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I had upgraded when Visual Studio told me there was an upgrade. I assume it was the latest, since afterward, VS didn't tell me there was another upgrade, but I didn't look at the version number. Sorry. :/

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Okay great that means you installed the latest release and did not downgrade. That helps me to know the new release is not an issue and saves me time.

If you email info[at]visualmicro.com with a link to this post I'll get a free license sorted for you.

IP Logged

Rich_H
Newbies

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
I guess I wasn't clear enough - it was after the update to the latest version when my problem started. I went back to the 1607_10 release and that resolved my problem. So yes, I believe it is the latest version that has the problem. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks - I'll send an email right away. If there's any other questions that I can help with, let me know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint