Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic STM32: VM puts/search compiled coreFiles in wrong Directory (Read 2844 times)
da_user
Newbies

STM32: VM puts/search compiled coreFiles in wrong Directory
Mar 26th, 2018 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Short Version:
Board: STM32F407vet6 - Black Edition: http://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=STM32F407
Cores Generic (limited Support for STM32F4): https://github.com/danieleff/STM32GENERIC : Runs on Arduino IDE and VM
Cores of Stevstrong (better Support for STM32F4): https://github.com/stevstrong/Arduino_STM32/ : Runs at Arduino IDE, not at VM. (Hopefully) relevant verbose messages:
Code
Select All
[...]
_f407v\Debug\core\syscalls.c.o"
[...]
"arm-none-eabi-g++*: error: f407v\Debug\core\libmaple\syscalls.c.o: No such file or directory"

Long (er) version:
Hi,
you wan't to read more? Also in "not so good english"? Let's do:
I have a STM32F407vet6 Board (all links in short Version). It runs with the STM32Generic-Cores in the Arduino IDE and VisualMicro without Problems. But the STM32 generic cores are designed for the F1 boards and have only limited support for the F4 boards. But since I needed some special functions of the F4 board (RTC,..), I need the STM32 cores from stevstrong.
These works in the ArduinoIDE fine. But VisualMicro has problems with it. I have asked the developer stevestrong, but he can't help me more, because he doesn't work with VisualMicro.
The verbose messages indicate that VisualMicro moves compiled core files to the wrong folder, or searches in the wrong folder (quote above).
How i can change that?

Thanks for reading and thinking!
da_user

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: STM32: VM puts/search compiled coreFiles in wrong Directory
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the clear report. 

Please try this update

Visual Micro 1803.26 sp1
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:54pm by Tim@Visual Micro »  
IP Logged

da_user
Newbies

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Hi,
sorry, no doesn't work. Same Error. I had installed the update and specially testet with a new Project.
Full Verbose on Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/k0qVnz1U

IP Logged

da_user
Newbies

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2018 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
I have changed Arduino_STM32\STM32F4\plattform.txt Line 78 to:
Code
Select All
recipe.c.combine.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.c.elf.cmd}" {compiler.c.elf.flags} -mcpu={build.mcu} "-T{build.variant.path}/{build.ldscript}" "-Wl,-Map,{build.path}/{build.project_name}.map" {compiler.c.elf.extra_flags} -o "{build.path}/{build.project_name}.elf" "-L{build.path}" -lm -lgcc -mthumb -Wl,--cref -Wl,--check-sections -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=report-all -Wl,--warn-common -Wl,--warn-section-align -Wl,--warn-unresolved-symbols -Wl,--start-group "{build.path}/core/syscalls.c.o" {object_files} "{archive_file_path}" -Wl,--end-group 

This line is very long (xD), so, the last relevant parameter in the originalfile:
Code
Select All
"[...]{build.path}/core/libmaple/syscalls.c.o" {object_files} "{archive_file_path}" -Wl,--end-group 

=> I have removed the "\libmaple".

Now it doesn't work in the ArduinoIDE, but this will be ok for me. I have "only" to look up at updates...

Thank you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint