Before logging an issue, please update to the latest release of Visual Micro from the Downloads Page.

When Logging a Support Issue in the Forum, please ensure you have also:-

• Enabled vMicro > Compiler > Show Build Properties
  • Re-Compile your program with these settings enabled

Save the new Output to a Text File and....
  • Click the Reply button and attach as .txt file OR
  • Click here to Email us with the file attached, and a link to your post
Support requests without the output above may be impossible to answer, so please help us to help you

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Industruino D21G and Atmel Ice (Read 1481 times)
Wilko
Newbies

Industruino D21G and Atmel Ice
Apr 14th, 2023 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to debug an Industruino D21G using the Atmel Ice debugger but having no joy.

Have installed Visualmicro on both Visual Studio and Microchip studio but can't get any joy from either.

On Visual studio it compiles and will upload using the Atmel ice if the bootload protection lock is removed but it won't start debugging and bricks the Industriuno. Can only get it back to life by reprogramming the bootloader back in.

In Microchip studio I can't even select a hardware uploader. I did read a previous post that mentioned about fullstops and spaces in the board name causing this.  Managed to go through files and change Industruino D21G to Industruino_D21G   but still can't select a hardware programmer.

Has anybody managed to debug an Industruino D21G with the Atmel Ice ?  Am I missing something obvious ?
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2023 at 1:03pm by Wilko »  

IP Logged

Tim@Visual Micro
Administrator

Re: Industruino D21G and Atmel Ice
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2023 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
The prgrammer selection issue is solved in the atmel/microchip avalable from the downloads page of our web site. The should be a note/hint on the visual miicro microchip gallery download about that. We will be uploading a new gallery version over comming weeks but it is a slow process to get published.

After you confirm that is solved, if debug is still an issue then please follow the guide in yellow at the top of the page.

IP Logged

Wilko
Newbies

Re: Industruino D21G and Atmel Ice
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2023 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Downloaded the Microchip version again and that has sorted it. 
Thank you  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint